Sunday, February 24, 2008

Archive work from 1998

This was a scene I painted for Maureen's friend, Missy (1998). She loves wildlife. I have been a part of these types of mornings out in nature many times. Arylic on canvas 30'x 20" (Fall 1998)






After my Mission President, Bob Arnold, passed away, I painted this scene for his family. This is how I felt ... Though the proximate surroundings seemed dark and gloomy, the hope of new light was not far distant on the horizon. Acrylic on canvas 20"x 16" (Late Winter 1998)
Maureen and I spent a week with Carl and Margaret Truman at Lake Powell. We visited Rainbow Bridge and I just had to paint it right there on site! Acrylic on canvas board 16"x 20" (Summer 1998)




Southern Utah is so divers in its beauty ... I painted this scene for one of our neighbors as a thank you for helping us through a particularly difficult time in our lives. Acrylic on canvas 20"x 16" (Fall 1998)



No comments: