Monday, February 25, 2008

Some of my oldies, but goodies ...

This was a fun study in a monochromatic style painting. It hangs in our basement family room and emits a feeling of peace and solitude. (Acrylic on cavass 36"x 18")

This little snow scene was finalist in the 2002 Olympic Fine Arts Competition ... note the shadows in the snow on the roof. (Acrylic on canvass 20"x 16")


This snow scene represents our Pioneer Heritage and Olympic Spirit (the wagon wheels lay in the shape of the olympic rings) ... this piece was shown in the State-wide Olympic Fine Arts Competition. Acrylic on canvas (16"x 20").






I painted this scene of the Mormon row barn at the request of my close friend, Alan Russell. (Acrylic on canvass 36"x24")








Maureen and I visited her cousin in British Columbia and while there, walked along this misty forest trail ... just had to paint it! (Acrylic on canvass 18'x 24")



















I can actually smell the quakies when I look at this painting. I passed through a spot like this on my way to do some fly fishing one morning and just had to come home and paint it! (Acrylic on canvass 12"x 24")

5 comments:

Adam said...

Wow. these are really cool paintings. I really like them. Keep up the good work!

Our Family said...

I sent this site to my whole family and they all loved it. You are truly talented! I'm so glad you started this site for us to keep updated on all your works. You need to put the tree of life painting on here. I have heard lots about it.

HrncirikHome said...

Hey Dad, this is awesome! Way to go. I'm glad I can show off your paintings to my friends. Juliana will like to look at it as well.

Thanks a lot! I'm excited to see the tree of life painting.

MamaBell said...

Hey there OLDER brother! Let us know which ones are for sale. I would much rather buy paintings from you than anyone! You are my hero. Your much younger sis. . .Connie

MamaBell said...

I already left a comment, but as you know, I am rarely ever done!
This one reminds me of deer hunting. I can see that very place in my mind. . .Connie