Monday, February 25, 2008

Highlights from our trip to Europe 2007

I sketched this wonderful old Villa while we were traveling through Tuscany with Gary and Denise Wright. I had an opportunity to paint a version of it for them while we were there, but painted this one when we returned home. It now hangs in the Ivory Homes Headquarter Building (Acrylic on canvass 36"x 24")






This incredible old sailing vessel was a real challenge to paint. I am not an expert in anything "Maritime", but I really enjoyed this piece. Maureen had been researching her immigrant ancestors who bravely made such voyages from Ireland and England on similar vessels. I felt inspired to paint this scene to remind us of the faith of our fathers and of the hand of the Lord who led them to this land "choice above all other lands". (Acrylic on canvass 24"x 18")






I painted this old Irish Castle as a tribute to Maureen's Irish heritage. (Acrylic on canvass 36"x 24")

No comments: