Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Morning Rays of Summer


I am doing a series of paintings depicting the same scene across the different seasons of the year. Our daughter-in-law, Stephanie, inspired this concept, so to her I dedicate this body of work. This is the first installment of the group ... the other seasons will follow as I complete them (I am just finishing up "winter" right now). I did a painting similar to this many years ago, and I thought it would be a perfect setting for such a project. There is just something very artistic about old wood and weeds ... I love to paint them! (Acrylic on canvas 18"x 24")

1 comment:

Get It Done said...

Kirt. You'll have to come look at Kayla's body paint pictures and her art work is now online. Thanks again for all your help.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1723665416&ref=name#/profile.php?id=1723665416&ref=name