Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Suffer the little children to come unto me ...


One of my work associates asked if I could paint his niece and nephews around the Savior in portrait form. He gave me a photo of them with their mother to use as reference. Portraits are always challenging for me so I took me time and really tried to get each child's countenance just right. Then it came to the Savior! I understand that we don't exactly know what He looks like, but I still wanted to give it my best effort so that the viewer would understand immediately who the children were with. It was a touching and tender experience for me.

I hope this painting brings a spirit of peace and understanding to this little family in the years to come.

I truly enjoy these meaningful painting experiences. A special thanks to many of you for providing these types of opportunities for me through the past many years.

No comments: