Friday, October 29, 2010

Are we there yet?


I did a scene like this in a class setting with the Yarnell School of Fine Art. I adapted it in this effort to represent the Island Park area of N/E Idaho near West Yellowstone. For me, it has always been an inviting place to spend some time with nature. The dynamics of the scenery, the weather and the opportunities for recreation make this a place I want to be!

Though this is a fairly dark painting, the softness of the light and the multitude of subtle colors underwrite this piece. Hope you enjoy it! Acrylic on canvas (24"x 18")

2 comments:

MamaBell said...

You are amazing with light! That is what draws me in to your pictures. You get it. . .the true source is in your heart and comes out in your beautiful art! Love you brother!

Kirt Harmon said...

You're too nice, Sis ... Love you!