Saturday, October 10, 2009

Harvest Pumpkins


A few years ago, we purchased some leftover Easter chicks from a local supplier and were assured they were all hens. Well, one turned out to be a rooster! Since our zoning ordinace did not allow for roosters, (and the fact that he was so beautiful) we just didn't have the heart to make him into chicken soup, so we took him to a place called the Pumpkin Patch. They loved having him there! Ever since, I have wanted to paint such a place to celebrate the harvest season and the beautiful fall colors! I really enjoyed this painting expereince! Acrylic on canvas (gallery wrapped) 24" x 24"

1 comment:

HrncirikHome said...

Hey Dad, I love your new paintings. I want to buy a copy of the pumpkin one. I also need a springtime one (I have a picture I'll send to you of the the springtime scene I have in mind). Then, I'll have a painting for every season except summer. I'll have to think of a summer scene you can paint! I'll just change the painting according to the season! (Althought the Cesky Krumlov picture works well for autumn time. hmmmm....I still need a copy of the pumpkin one!) love you!