Saturday, December 13, 2008

Restoration Morning


My friend, Jay Ritchie, told me about his experience visiting the Sacred Grove with his wife, Paula a couple of years ago. Since then, I have longed to be able to visit there as well ... someday perhaps!


As I have studied the Book of Mormon this year, I have had the desire to paint this sacred event, even starting the painting a couple of different times. Each time, though, I was not satisfied with my interpretation. I finally had this scene come into my mind a few weeks ago. I have a strong testimony of its reality and invite all to gain the same feelings of hope and peace. Acrylic on canvas (30"x 22") Nov 2008

4 comments:

HrncirikHome said...

I love it Dad! I gotta get me a copy! :)

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

We love checking the blog to see your latest creations. Do you scan them in at work? They are all so beautiful. Thanks again for the beautiful painting for Christmas!

Kyle, Tiffany, and Kaiden said...

I gotta add that this is also a new favorite of mine. Will go good in a collection someday

Kellie said...

I Love your paintings. I am married to your cousin (matt Harmon). He is Layle and Marie harmon's son. I just love your pictures. Awesome....