Monday, April 26, 2010

Tuscany Poppies


While Maureen and I were in the Tuscany region of Italy a couple of years ago, we saw many quaint landscapes like this one (a study painting with my painting mentor Jerry Yarnell). The red poppies really compliment the gray-greens of the surrounding flora and fauna of that area. It is so interesting to me that every area of the world has its own color scheme!

We were invited to spend a few days there with our good friends Denise and Gary Wright and loved every minute of it! Thank you, Wrights! The countryside so impressed me that I have completed several paintings of this region now. I have them displayed on my website in the gallery called "Europe" along with some of Prague and Poland. Enjoy ...


Acrylic on canvas 30"x15"

1 comment:

sawa said...

Is this one for sale?