Monday, January 19, 2009

Lean On Me


My sister, Connie, asked if I could paint this scene of some old out buildings she had seen in a black and white photograph given to her by Sister Elaine Dalton. She expained what it meant to her ... sometimes in our lives we need to lean on someone else for support and sometimes we need to be leaned upon! I was thrilled to give it a try!
As evidenced in the painting, the Lord can use any of us, no matter our perceived condition or stage in life to help another! I thought it was a great visual image of one of life's wonderful realities. Acrylic on canvas 24"x 18" (Jan 2009)

1 comment:

MamaBell said...

I truly am impressed by how well you captured that picture of the old sheds! I will use it in my talk this week for my Visiting Teaching Workshop. Thanks, brother. I love you! Connie