Saturday, December 13, 2008

He is Risen


I originally painted this piece several years ago early one Easter morning. I discovered that the power of darkness is simply just the absence of light. My feelings toward the Savior were sweetened and enhanced during this experience.


Several years later, our friends Alan and Sherrie Russell lost their 17 year old son in a tragic car accident. I was impressed to give them the painting, hoping that it might help them in their healing process. Both of us were again touched by the sweetness of the gospel and the hope that the Savior's atonement brings to all of us.


I have painted this scene several other times through the years for other family members. This one hangs in our home now. Acrylic on canvas (30"x 22") (Original completed in April 2000 ... I did this version in Nov. 2008)

No comments: