Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I beheld a tree whose fruit was desirable to make one happy ...


This painting provided a wonderful lesson for me about how precious our families are to us. In Lehi's dream of the Tree of Life, he states that when he had tasted of the sweetness of the gospel covenant, he immediately began "searching", "beckoning" and "shouting with a loud voice" for his family to share it with him. I'm sure that each of us have similar tender feelings as we deal with our families and close friends.
I also had a meaningful experience pertaining to the image of the "strait and narrow path". It was very different from what I had previously envisioned. In the scriptures, the word "strait" is spelled like this, rather than "straight". The subtle difference was profound to me ... rather than a linear "straightness" as I had always before imagined, the words that describe this type of "strait" are more like these: strict, limited, close fitting, narrow, not easily manuvered, etc. So, this layout of the Tree of Life vision came into my mind as I pondered this passage of scripture. I truly enjoyed this painting experience ... hope you do, too! (Acrylic on canvass 36"x 24")

1 comment:

Our Family said...

This picture turned out just beautiful!!! It's absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing all of your works as well as your thoughts behind them.